I should really call these Spiritual Sunday; Monday Reads!
I can't seem to get these typed up in a timely manner for you to read them actually on Sunday!
We have been home all day after church which for us, is unusual.
We were not in Logan and My Parents were driving home from St. George.
So sunday dinner was up to me!
I could have just fixed something really simple, but it just wouldn't be a Sunday dinner.
We had cheese potatoes, grilled chicken, bread and a dip with EVOO and Spices.
I think all in all, it tasted good.
This morning I had to go to a meeting at 7:30 am.
BRUTAL
In all actuality, Jeff and I were both supposed to go, but the luck of the draw I had to go!
I learned that we will be planning the Opening Social for the MSA Married Student Association.
Not to be confused with the Medical Student Association.
With Jeff and I and One other couple we have to put on a brunch and a Tailgate Party.
YIKES!
I think it is funny how the Lord works in our lives. Every calling I have had in the church, has not been one where I have given of my talents. I have always recieved much more from my callings than I have been able to give. For me, this has been my experience in most of my callings.
A few examples:
~While I was Pregnant with Carter we were called to the Nursery at the Deaf Branch. Which totally helped me get in the Mom Mode and helped Jeff know a little more of what was going to come!
~While I was in my singles ward I had the calling of Sunday School secretary. This was a time in my life, where somedays, I just wanted to go home after sacrament. But I had no choice, but to get the rolls passed out and pick them up after class. And I know for a fact they never touched the attendance rolls for sunday school. It was just a calling for ME.
This new calling of the Institute Reps for our Stake has me wondering what I will be getting from this one. I already have a love for Institute, Which only recently developed. I only took a few classes after High School and only made it to the first month of classes.
Our Bishop has been teaching a class down at the Heritage Center for us who live close with a nursery next door. We have attended two semester now, and I have loved every minute of it.
I KNOW for a fact, this weekly class helped bring the spirit into our home.
Not only did it help bring the spirit, but I actually felt like I was learning something.
I know I am not a scriptorian, but I think we should all be striving to be so.
I encourage all of you to register for a institute class. You don't have to be single and going to school to register. There are so many different classes being offered; you are bound to find one that suits you.
I want to share this quote by President J. Reuben Clark Jr.
"There is SPIRITUAL LEARNING just as there is material learning, and the one without the other is not complete."
I know that if we give a few hours of our time during the week to study the scriptures and learn the gospel, We WILL be blessed.
by the way I have 4 callings!
2 comments:
I love reading your Spiritual Sundays!! your amazing!
I totally agree with you about the blessings institute brings. It is amazing becuase even when it doesn't seem like you have the time, everything goes much better with school and life in general. P.S. We are trying to start a blog. It's not going to even compare to yours, so don't judge our simple blog, but you might need to give us a few tips and teach us a few things!
Post a Comment