Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kids say the Darndest things...

On sunday while it was raining; I had opened his bedroom window to watch and listen to the rain. I said that it smelt good and took a big whif!
Carter then proceeded to smell the air and said, "It smells like purple!"
I wish I could see how his brain works and no wonder my favorite color is purple.


A week ago on sunday was our Primary Program. The nursery got to go up and sing 3 songs. I didn't know if Carter was going to go up, but he stood there with all of the other nursery kids; on his tippy toes and his little fingers hanging over the edge.
He knows the songs, but doesn't sing them well.
They sang " I am a Child of God, Tell me the stories of Jesus, and Book of Mormon Stories"
When they were finished, i went to go get him, Not knowing if he would come straight back down to us. When I got close to him he declared with his shoulders shrugged and hands in the air , "I didn't sing!"

While at our Trunk of Treat and walking around with Carter, we usually got to choose the candy ourselves. Seeing how all of the people were also walking around with their kids. When we got to choose, Carter would contemplate for a long time. He would then pick up a candy, well thought out and say, "This might be good!"

His other common responses as of late are:
"No, Not yet"
"Hold On"
"We wake Up!"
"And Then what?"
"What do I want?"
" I Have an Idea!"
"Good Idea"
"Yeah, that might be fun"

No comments: