First of all, i would like to say that I wish we could celebrate Easter without the Easter bunny.
I am going to try to be more prepared next year with Family home evening Lessons that teach the true meaning of Easter! Christ was THE son of God and he attoned for our sins. And the reason we celebrate Easter? Is that Jesus Christ, Our Brother, Died and was Resurected! He was Risen!!! I am so grateful for this fact and the love and hope that I feel for KNOWING that this is true! Jesus Christ is our Savior. I am so tired of seeing so many people who don't know this, or who at one time (and Yes, I am talking about you) did know this but have chosen to live as though they do not believe this. I am not perfect in all aspects of my life, but I know that I try very hard to live in a way that Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father will accept. There is no way that I will make it to the end of this life and return to Heaven without the help of my Savior! Why can't people see that they need the Savior in thier lives? (Did you know that the holy ghost is no longer by your side? I felt it. That was the first time in my life that I was able to feel the absence of the spirit. Maybe it was because I have felt the Holy Ghost with you before? I don't know, but my heart aches for you) That is all i am going to say about that!
I will get off of my soap box now!
And back to the Ritual of Dying Easter Eggs! Anyone know where this came from?

Carter and Grandpa Benson were able to get the process going and were able to do the 7 eggs that I had on hand.
My Dad usually brings out his egg dying skills and makes lots of creations. But with the limited egg colors, he was not able to make the one he always makes. (Atleast I remember him making it often) The Watermelon!
Aubrey and Grandma Benson just observed, but Aubrey kept on trying to get closer to look into the cups. I asked my parents why we color eggs and I am still confused. Please enlighten me!
1 comment:
My understanding is that the egg represents new life and we color them for the different bird eggs ready to hatch. (all the spring colors) It is a stretch but you could relate it to the resurrection, with the new life.
Whatever the reasoning is, It sure is fun!
Post a Comment