Sunday, April 11, 2010

We Feed Them Sushi!

April 4th sunday Dinner: Sushi


My family came over for dinner the other night and Jeff and I decided that we were going to make sushi. Jeff loves the stuff and I have had some experiences with the stuff.

Some good and some bad.

I had to assure my family, that it would not be raw fish.

I had been wanting to try this recipe for a while and threw these to the list of things to make for the weekend. Avacado Eggrolls with a Cilantro lime dipping sauce.. It was delicious and we didn't have leftovers. :(

The California roll. This was the only thing that we made that had any type of fish in it and it was everyones' least favorite. The seaweed wrap is hard to get down.

This is just sushi rice with red pepper and avacado! Yum! And i didn't get a good picture of the sushi we made with the Hoisen chicken. You can see it in the picture above and below.

We also made fruit sushi in which the rice was cooked with coconut milk and then topped with a caramel sauce, the fruit and then zested with a lime. I had made a dipping sauce for it too! I think it was pomagranate something. I can't remember

1 comment:

Chris and Tiffiney said...

We always have yummy food at your house, you make me hungry!