Friday, December 5, 2008

Trimming the Tree!

This Christmas Season has been so much fun with Carter. He has gotten so excited about everything. Last Weekend we put up the Christmas tree but didn't get a chance to decorate it. So on Tuesday, we finally got around to putting up the lights and ornaments. My plan this year was to use white lights and last year I had bought two boxes of white, since all we had were hand me down colored lights.

But alas... I bought the white lights with white strings. Which doesn't look well when you have green tree. So back in the box they went and the old colored lights came out yet again. I guess my plan next year was to buy a pre-lit new tree next year anyway!

When I got all of the lights plugged in (jeff was sitting on the couch doing homework), Carter exclaimed, "MOM, They are so beautiful!"

He had to keep asking me if he could touch the lights and saying, "They are so beautiful."
Carter put up all of the ornaments near the bottom. I put all of the breakable ones up top. He has thus taken most of them off and put them on his little tree we bought him at Target the next day.
He insisted that this smore snowman needed to go on the bottom. I am sure he will be falling off soon!
While I was stringing the lights, Carter was emptying out the tote! What do you do with these?
Well they are stockings of coarse! He had other plans for them!
I wish I had a better camera or wasn't so lazy to take this picture while sitting on the couch, but I was tired of standing up and decorating!
The tree looks nice when it is lit, but with the flash it looks kind of bland. I can't wait until I can buy new decorations and put away the hand-me-downs. Although, we will probably still put this tree up too. This will be the kids tree to decorate and then the Pre-lit tree will be the one that changes every year! That is when we have more room and an actual living room to put it in! I can't wait for the day!

5 comments:

C, J, T, and M said...

Very cute kid and beautiful tree!

Justin said...

We just got the house all decked out for the holidays too. We are sending out Christmas cards, and I was wondering if you could send me your address?

Ryan + Angie said...

What a funny kids. I love that he is wearing the stockings!

Ryan + Angie said...

This post inspired me to get a little tree for our kids. Michaels had all the ornaments 70% off. What a bargain...and such a cute idea.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

So cute! I got my son the exact little Santa ornaments and he won't keep them on his tree, he keeps playing with them!!