Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holiday Break Update 5: The Festivities Begin

We started Christmas Eve off with the Ball's Family Christmas Party at the Hyde Park Civic Center. We ate, had talents (which Susan and I sang and My face went really red), had a $5 gift exchange and then opened gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Balls! Carter got two pairs of pants and two shirts, Jeff got a pair of much needed jeans, and I got this....

Jeff made up the difference, since he left my Christmas gift home!
Later that night, we got to open our first gift! (Jammies)


Here we are sporting our new Jammies! Carter got Micky Mouse Club House, I got Dr. Pepper pants and Jeff got Mario pants!
December 25th 2008: We woke up Carter at 8:00 and he was so excited to go open his gifts. It took him a while to wake up, but when we finally let him go look at the front room. He came running. He even fell down with all of the excitement and made us all laugh. (I will try to post the video, but it is on our video camera. Which is a longer process to download and upload on to here).
He was so excited to get his view finder and his kung fu panda pics; along with Cars!
I don't know who was more excited about this next gift. Santa was able to find DJ. The car from the movie Cars. It had to come with two other cars Carter had, but it was only $10 compared to the $34 on Amazon for DJ alone. He seemed excited!

This is the only picture we took of all three of us on Christmas. I sure wish we could have taken one with all of our new clothes and our hair done. I love Jeff's little sticky outy hairs on the side!
He has wacky hair sometimes! Carter loved the viewfinder!
He also loved this Helmet Hero that Grandma Susan bought for him! It is really cool and he will play it all day if I let him. All I need to do is buy one for Jeff and the two of them can run around driving together.
Carter became so tired of sitting on the floor; he had to try out Daddy's new Chair!
Around 1:00 we headed up to Grandma and Grandpa Jensen's for lunch. It was really yummy food! Especially since Susan made the rolls. I think I ate 3 or 4 of them. We had a little car trouble too! We wanted to get on the road while it had stopped snowing, since it had been snowing all morning and was supposed to start up again soon. I got a little frustrated because our car decided that it wasn't going to start any more. What a great time for the car not to work! I was so afraid that we weren't going to get to see my family on Christmas day! Luckily, Jeff has an uncle that knows a lot about cars and he fixed the problem and we were able to get to my Parents before the storm hit! (Thanks Kevin, You saved my Christmas)

Carter was so excited that he got to open more gifts! He got some clothes, a fire truck just like his cousin Zander, and a shopping cart for his new kitchen he got from Santa!
We tried leaving my parents that night, but got 5 min away and turned around. The roads were so bad, we knew we needed to go back. So we threw our clothes in the laundry and camped out for the next few days at my parents; seeing we were going to be there doing stuff with my family.

1 comment:

Chris and Tiffiney said...

I got much needed jeans too, plus Jeff and I can wear our PJs together when we hang out with our cool Gameboy t-shirts. It looks like Carter had a fruitful Christmas. I hope you can find space for all of his new toys. See ya soon…