Sunday, July 13, 2008

Spiritual Sundays

I love Sundays for a many reasons:
1. It is one of the only days, I take the time to do my Hair. I get the most compliments on my hair on sundays; because I actually blow dry it and put product in it! My usual respons to their compliment is; Thanks, I just actually DID my hair today!
Now sing with me: "Man, I feel like a woman!"

2. I don't feel guilty for taking a nap with Carter! I do take a nap with him on occasions during the week, but on Sundays, you will find me laying right next to him on our bed until he wakes me up! I LOVE IT!

3. I get to sit with my Friends in relief society and be edified together!

4. I get to see my husband all dressed up in a TIE (his internship does not require a tie; which he thinks church should not either. I always win on this one!)

5. Home cooked meals from either my Mom or my other Mom. There is nothing like a home cooked meal.. Today: Taco Salad! Yes, it is easy, but the best part was I didn't have to cook it; Just help clean up!

6. Watching Carter in Nursery. Our ward has the one way windows, so you can check on your kids without them seeing you. I love to watch Carter play and be without us. Today, as I was sitting in Relief Society I looked out the window and saw Carter's Nursery class taking a walk outside. All of the kids were hanging onto a rope. It was soo cute and the first thing Carter said to me when church was over was, " Mommy, Mommy, Hang on rope." It was a good thing I saw them outside, otherwise, I would not have known what he was talking about!

7. Do Family History during Sunday school. THIS is the Best for Jeff and I. With our Class (Marriage and Family Relations) over and we don't have to teach; we can do our Family History together. We are working on getting out PAF file all filed out and then researching to see what needs to be done. We are beginners, But I am hoping to find someone who's work has not been done and go the the Temple. (Which is so hard to find the time to go together; What are your tricks?)

8. I love watching Food Network at night on Sundays! Iron Chef America and Next Food Network Star!

1 comment:

Jake and Kristin said...

Our stake president told us at stake conference that if we would plan a day at the first of each month to go to the temple we would be very blessed for it. The trick is sticking with your plans and actually GOING! It gets tough when life is so busy (and we don't even have a little one to find a sitter for!) We LOVE going to the temple and can truly testify of the blessings it brings. By the way...remember a LONG time ago when we talked about getting the girls together and going to do initiatories...I think that is still a good idea, we need to do it! By the way, I love your spiritual sundays!!!