Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Story.....

Aubrey Kate Balls
Born February 26th 2009
7 lbs. 14 oz.
20 in. long
born at 2:50pm

Let's start off with the night before Aubrey came into this world.

Wednesday night I was up with Carter almost every hour. He had a fever of 101.4 and was not sleeping very well. Plus, I was up every other 1/2 hour using the bathroom.

Around 5:00am Thursday morning, I started having contractions. At first they were only 6 or 7 min apart, but got increasingly closer together. At 6:30am I called my Mom and told her that my contractions were every 3-5 min apart and had been going on for about an hour and a half.
Let's just say that she was extatic!

Our plan was to call my Mom and she would come get Carter. Well, that perticular morning, my Mom had to go into work for about an hour or so to get the registers set up. So, I started to panic. I didn't want to be like my friend who just had her baby and waited too long and when she got to the hospital; could not get an epidural! But I had a back up plan. I had many of my friends here in the ward offer to come watch Carter until my Mom got here. SO I called my friend Annette. While Annette was there, my contractions started to get 6 to 7 min apart. I decided I could wait for my Mom and sent Annette home. (Sorry for waking you up Annette)

So, we were on our way!!! I was really nervous, thinking..... at one extreme, What if they send me home....to the other extreme... WHat if I have the baby in this car..
(My contractions really weren't that bad but your mind starts to wonder when you are about to give birth)

We arrived at the Hospital around 9:30am and I was measured at 4cm and about 85% effaced. I was so releaved. They were not going to send me home.
I got the epidural around 11:00am and enjoyed the rest of the time that I was in labor. Jeff and I watched TBS and enjoyed episodes of Yes, Dear, King of Queens and my favorite, Friends.

Around 12:00pm, Aubrey kicked and broke my water. It was one of the grossest and strangest feelings ever.There was mecomnium in the fluid, so when we she was born, we had to have to NICU people there just in case she got any in her lungs. I started to feel when I was going to have a contraction and could start to feel a ton of pressure. My nurse checked me and I was at a ten and ready to go. We had to wait for my doctor ans pushedfor 3 contrations and she entered this world screaming!
This was much easier this time around. With Carter I pushed for two straight hours; this time, less than ten min.



Here is the first video of Aubrey Kate Balls:


4 comments:

Toad, Lizard, Squidney & Emmaphant said...

Congratulations, she is very cute! We can't wait to meet her.

C, J, T, and M said...

Awesome. Im glad it was a much better experience! Its kind of funny that when they are born all we want is for them to scream, once we bring them home we never want them to scream. Huh.

Kathy said...

I'm so glad everything went well and you're all safely at home. How's life adjusting with 2 kids? Let me know if there's anything you need!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh she is cute! Congrats guys!!

Love Katie (Edens favorite friend ever)