I am writing this on Tuesday night, but I am not posting it until Sunday Night.
Something someone said at church on Sunday has stayed in my brain and I can't stop thinking about it.
So this post is supposed to be last weeks Spiritual Sunday. (Which by the way, I am sorry that I have slacked on this lately. I have not had the energy to post or think about what I have learned in Church or anywhere for that matter)
During Sunday School were talking about Samuel the Lamanite and how he was preaching to the people to Repent.
Someone made a comment during class quoting Elder Uchtdorf saying something to the effect of " Heaven is not going to be filled with people who never made mistakes; it will be filled with people who made mistakes, but took action to get onto the path again."
I didn't find where he said this exactly, but I did find some awsome parts of his talk! I remember this talk from conference and that is rare for me. It must have hit home for me and those I know around me!
This was my favorite part:
What If We Have Drifted Far off Course?
"Now, there are those who have neglected to make appropriate course corrections and now believe that they are too far from the Lord’s way to ever make it back. To them we proclaim the good news that is the gospel of redemption and salvation. No matter how terribly off course you are, no matter how far you have strayed, the way back is certain and clear. Come, learn of the Father; offer up a sacrifice of a broken heart and a contrite spirit. Have faith, and believe in the cleansing power of the infinite Atonement of Jesus the Christ. If we confess and repent of our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.21 “Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be [made] as white as snow.”22
It may not be an easy path, and it requires self-discipline and determination, but its end is glorious beyond description. You are not doomed to a tragic end. Many are eager to assist you—your family, bishops and stake presidents, your quorum leaders, and home teachers. Of course, your greatest friend is the all-powerful Creator of the universe. It is His priesthood you bear. He understands your sorrow. He knows your grief. He and our Father in Heaven will bless, comfort, and strengthen you; They will walk beside you and carry you as you strive to right your course."
I KNOW that we can easily be caught off guard and find ourselves of the coarse. But the blessings of returning to the right path are way too numerous to ignore.
For those of you who are reading and feel you are off the coarse, Please think about what you are doing and who it is effecting. I feel a need to be like Samuel and tell you to Repent and return to the fold. There are things we are ALL (including myself) not doing. We can be better examples to those around us.
I know there are things I could be doing to be a better example for Carter.
I love you all and hope you can feel this feeling of repentance and it's urgency!
We need to be Strong Saints!
No comments:
Post a Comment