Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy? Labor Day

Last weekend we went to Grey's River for Jeff's Family Camping Trip! This is not just any old camping trip. This is a tradition that I have only had the opportunity of going to for the past 4 years. Jeff says that while he was on his mission, he was more home sick during Labor day than he was at Christmas time. The place is the same, the activities are mostly the same, the food changes somewhat, but I can always count on a fun relaxing time and one of the nights, I can eat all of the Dutch Oven Doughnuts I want! I think the first year I went, I ate a between 8 or 10, but as the years go by it gets less and less! This year we made them in the pouring rain and I only got 3 down!

It took us about 4 hours todrive to our destination (close to Jackson Hole)

Carter was really good at entertaining himself! Our Bubble BOY!

Coloring in his new book with special Markers; which later Uncle Connor was mesmorized!
After being there for an hour, we had a little MISHAP!

Carter was hanging out by the fire and tripped and fell into the hot ashes and burned his hand!

Thankfully Aunt Eden was right there to pull him out and since she works at the hospital; knew what to do. Call the NURSE IN!!! Luckily Jeff's Aunt, Amy is a nurse and had all of her supplies. She was a total life saver. IF we did not have her, we would have been home the next day or 4 hours later!

SHOUT OUT TO AMY: Thank you so much for all you did for us this past weekend. I don't know what I would do without you! You have saved my life or put my mind at ease so many times, I can not thank you enough. I am so glad that we are family and that I have the privilidge to know you. You are so talented and I love you! THANK YOU for taking care of my little boy and my sanity! I hope you recieve my thanks in the mail soon!~

This is the morning after; putting on more ointment and wrapping it up again! Carter did really well with the whole thing. He hardly cried!

Luckily, I had brought our Spiderman Bandaids. We told Carter that this hand was his web hand! He liked the idea immediately!
All weeked he had to have his hand wrapped up, so we could keep it clean!
We went down to the river which was just down the road and threw in rocks! This was something Carter could do. HE was stoked!
Eden made us do a photo shoot! Which in the end, I am glad we did! In her words "we are pretty cute!" Love you Eden!

We took Carter for a 4-wheeler ride around the camp! He loved the helmet the most!

He didn't want to take it off. Thanks Kristin for taking this pic for me!

Unfortunately, Saturday night it rained and pretty much all day on Sunday. Carter and I ended up sleeping again(the third year in a row) in Grandpa and Grandma Jensen's Motor home for the last night! Our tent started leaking and it was super cold! On the way home, this is what we found near by.
Carter was out after having a dramatic weekend!
This is a picture of when we got home. The big blister he had in the middle had finally drained all the way and started to dry up. He is doing fine now, but will still tell you that he fell in the fire and we had to wrap up his hand. He will also tell you, " Mommy, tell me not pick at it!"


2 comments:

mckenzie said...

oh that's one of those things i always dread. poor little guy.

Jensen Family said...

Hey Tammie,

Thank you for the shout out! I didn't do anything really. He was a tough kid. Extra Thanks for the gift too. That reminded me that I might not have thanked you! I love you too. Call me anytime! It was fun seeing you guys this week. Love ya, Amy