Monday, August 24, 2009

HaPpY BiRtHdAy CaRtEr!!!!

AUGUST 1st
Carters' Birthday was a crazy day! We decided to have a BBQ and a swimming party.
He was so excited to eat his cakes.
Here is Aubrey helping us decorate for the party!
The Birthday Boy! I can't believe he is three years old!
This picture of Zander was too cute! We had everyone there from both sides! It was Great!
Jeff was loving being able to hold Aubrey more often now. She kept looking up at him and just staring at him, but everytime I tried to get a picture of it. She would stop. She loves her Daddy!
The Benson Family!
Eden and Kristin
Connor and Susan! What a picture!
Susan and Alan had gone to a family reunion earlier that day and had brought Carter the craft for Carter to do. He loved it and had so much fun putting the stickers on the cup!
Aubrey and Grandpa Alan! She loves her Grandpas.
It looked like Christmas on the grass. Carter had too many presents to open. He was so loved!
He was even playing in his presents!
I thought Jeff was more excited about this gift than Carter, but I was wrong. Earlier that morning Carter had started opening this gift and saw that it was the "Aww Game!" Carter had been asking Jeff to play this game for weeks. Jeff had downloaded a trial onto his DS a while back and Carter remembered it. So it is official. Carter owns a DS game. (sarcasticly) OH GREAT!
Jake and Kristin bought Carter a horn for his bike in the shape of a Giraffe. He loved it and had to immediately start honking it!
Grandma and Grandpa Benson gave Carter a Spiderman Scooter. He was thrilled and had to have someone put it together. Grandpa Benson stepped up to the plate! This picture is amazing. They look so much a like!
When I had asked Carter what kind of cake he wanted this year, I got an answer that I was not expecting. I thought something like Spongebob, or Pokemon. (which Jeff tried to push) but he said he wanted a hamburger and a watermelon. I was only going to attempt one of them, but decided that a hamburger and a watermelon went well together. So I made a watermelon cake and ordered a hamburger cake from Walmart.
I found these awsome candles which I am going to keep using!
The letters are kind of sloppy, but I knew he didn't care. Carter helped me put on the chocolate chips and the lady bugs. I know that it is not perfect and nothing like my friend Shellie can do, but it was fun to make the cake. I just need to fine tune my skills!
This is the hamburger cake from Walmart! I thought it turned out cute! He loved it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER!
With two cakes, I had two chances to get a good "blowing out the candles" picture, but I got two really good ones!
We also had homeade rootbeer ice cream!
We love you Carter! I still can't believe you are 3. You are so full of personality and you bring us so much joy! It has been so much fun watching you learn new things and watch your imagination run wild!

No comments: