Tonight I had Aubrey laying on the bed while I was folding clothes. Carter was in the other room with Jeff playing Guitar Hero. Aubrey started crying and I was almost done, so I kept folding while she kept crying. Well, Carter ran in, Jumped on the bed and started talking to her, while hugging her. (I wish I had caught it on camera; it made my heart melt)
He said this:
"It's okay, Aubrey! Don't cry! I am here now. I will protect you! I love you. I love you so much. It's okay Aubs! I love you! I will protect you. I will portect you! Don't cry. Why don't you love me?
I quickly said, "She loves you! She is just tired and hungry" ( she stopped crying)
Carter said, "She DOES love me! Oh, Aubs, I love you and I will protect you!
This makes that bad days seem not so bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment