So We celebated Carter's birthday with our family on su'nday the 5th and so we had all of the family over. Jeff had to do most of the party and get ready for it, because.....The day before, we planned to go out to lunch for our Anniversary since it was going to be on sunday. So our neighbor Heidi came over and watched our kids while we went to lunch at Maddox in Brigham City. (This may be TMI) So before we left, I went to the bathroom. When we got in the car, I felt like I had to go to the bathroom again....Which was weird because I had just emptied my bladder. Once we were on the road, it just got worse and my side started hurting. Like a small cramp....I told Jeff and I jokingly said, "Wouldn't it be funny if I was passing another kidney stone?"
As we got closer to brigham city, I really needed to use the restroom. So I went as soon as we got there....I finished....sat down... then I felt like I needed to pee again... We ordered and started eating the little basket of breads that they bring to your table with the butter and raspberry jam. As I sat there, I started getting really nauseous and feeling like I was going to throw up....Went to the bathroom again... My salad came and I started eating it...At this point, Jeff was looking worried and quite frankly, I knew deep down what it was. Another Kidney stone was making it's way down to my bladder. But I didn't want to ruin our "supposedly" romantic lunch. I waited as long as I could and when our meal finally was brought to our table. I asked Jeff if it was okay if we took the food to go and go home. So we told or Waitress that we needed a box to go now. She looked at us really weird and thankfully, since I had been in the bathroom three times since sitting down; she didn't ask any questions. The whole ride home, the pain in my right side had increased considerably. I can't even describe the pain I was in! When we got home, I went straight to bed and told Heidi she could go. But that if her Dad was home; to send him over to help Jeff give me a blessing.
Todd came over and started asking a lot of questions and checking on how I was doing. I am so grateful to have him as a neighbor. He told me that I could stay home and let the stone pass on it's own; or I could go to the ER and have them help relax my muscles to help pass it.
So Heidi stayed with my kids and Jeff took me to the ER. Luckily, this time, I wasn't nursing every three hours like the last time and we didn't have to have Elliot there with us.
After we checked it at the ER at McKay D, I lost my salad and bread that I had ate. They were able to get my IV in a lot quicker than last time because Todd had helped me learn how to breathe without hyperventilating, which happened last time.
I did not pass the kidney stone at the ER but was feeling better when I went home. We grabbed something to eat at Chick fila and went home. I was mostly tired and didn't pass the kidney stone until later in the week.
I wasn't in a lot of pain, but I really think that I was in so much pain, that my brain just "unplugged" that sensory in my body. I was really tired, but I was not in bed the whole time. I was grateful that I could still take care of my family.
I even went to YW that evening. They were going to the park and playing games. I atleast watched for a few minutes. Then later that night, I had a sharp pain on the inside, down there!!
So I felt like to use the bathroom again. And remember I had been peeing in a funnel everytime I peed; in case a stone came out! I not only passed one stone Wednesday, but three at the same time!!! THREE!! I felt really good for about 30 minutes, but not fully alright! At this point, I could feel when the stones passed into my bladder. It was a strange feeling to be sitting there and watching TV when all of the sudden a stone shoots straight into my bladder! It was crazy and a crazy painful week! That week, I passed a total of 5 kidney stones with one left inside. I wish they would have all just come out!
After I passed the kidney stones, we went to the Logan Fair and went to the rodeo! The kids had a blast and were able to wear thier cowboy hats! Aubrey got really sticky with her cotton candy and loved it licking her fingers!
No comments:
Post a Comment