Saturday, June 11, 2011

San Fran: Day 5: Exploritorium, Lombard Street, & Coit Tower

We let the kids sleep in just a bit, but surprisingly they were ready to go yet again for a new adventure. I was really excited for today because we were going to the Exploritorium. Jeff and I had gone there on our Honeymoon and had a blast. I was super excited to take Carter and My Dad!
This is some type of Memorial right next to the Exploritorium Museum. Such Pretty Architecture!

The Exploritorium is a hands on learning science museum. They had so many fun things to do. We were here for about 4 hours. We didn't even stop for lunch. We were all pretty hungry by the time we were done!
Carter and Aubrey made their own games all throughout. They tried catching the smoke that was supposed to be illustrating a tornado, they played with the infered camera. Carter put the cold stamps on his belly and stood up for the camera! So funny!

Some of the cutest pictures we got were these on the chairs. Aubrey loved the big chair, but would not smile for the camera.
This was a cool visiting attraction. Some guy had made a ping pong ball track with toothpicks. I don't remember many of the facts about this contraption, but it was really cool to watch and look at. He had added a little bit after the Giants won the world series last year. IF you look close on the bottom left, you can see the world series trophy and the coke bottle and the mitt from the stadium. I think it had like 8 tracks to the whole thing. 
I was seriously so excited to watch my Dad here. I think he really enjoyed the place and I think one day, if he ever moved to San Fran, He would spend his retirement getting a job here and playing with gadgets all day long!!!
After spending 4 hours in the museum, we WALKED back to Girahdeli Square. (longest walk of my life). After eating at a place that said to be the best pizza in San Fran, we walked up the street to Lombard Street! The crookedest street in the world!!!
I was so tired of walking that I didn't want to walk up all of the stairs. So Susan and Alan, Jeff and my Dad and the kids walked up all of the stairs. Apparently, Aubrey counted all of the stairs while climbing them. 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10....1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10.....
My Mom and I stayed at the bottom and watched them come back down!!! Carter thought it was awesome!
After the many stairs, we hopped on a bus and rode up to Coit Tower. (luckily, Jeff had his phone and could tell us where to go and which buses to catch). We spent $5 to go up the elevator for a really windy tower just for the views. 


From the top of the tower looking down to the parking lot!!!
Pier 39

No comments: