Sunday, July 1, 2012

July1st-7th: Fish Lake Vacation

This is what our ward does in sharing time; dress up the teacher! Jeff loves being in primary!
This was the week of our vacation! My Family decided that they wanted to go camping and fishing. Two things I enjoy but don't really do very often.We ended up going to Fish Lake! My brother drove up from St. George and we all drove down! It was a nice campground. Elliot and I slept in the trailer with my parents and Aubrey and Carter and Jeff slept in the tent! Elliot slept like a champ! As I get older, I have realized that I would prefer to shower every day! I have also realized that my kids get an amazing experience being in the wilderness and the ability to learn things from my parents and siblings that I can't teach! They get to experience some of the stuff that I did growing up! This first picture is one of my favorite pictures! Carter wanted to go for a walk around the campground and told my Dad that he needed to put on his vest and find a stick! I love that my kids get these kind of memories with my parents and that I get to capture them!




The lake was beautiful but a little windy! The weather for July was not really hot and the day we went to the lake was a good one. But it did rain one of the days we were there which wasn't too fun, but with all the canopies and the trailer we were fine! My Dad helped Carter get his fishing poles ready! Aubrey had a pole too, but she lost interest in it after 20 minutes. Lake Fishing was never my favorite. Pretty boring! I fished for Carter while he went out on the canoe! The day before we arrived I guess was really windy. My Dad, My brother in law Loen, and his son Nicholas were in the canoe and they got pretty far out there and it was really windy too and they tipped it over. The water was so cold they were worried that they were going to get hypothermia. They put Nicholas on the boat and swam back into shore because the water was so rough. I am glad I wasn't there yet!






We also celebrated all of the July Birthdays of the month! My nephew Brandt's birthday is the 4th of july and his sisters is the next week and then Emma was going to be one a few weeks later! They even made her a cake to eat in front of us, but she really didn't get that much into it! It was fun to watch her though! She is sooooo cute!


Carter decided that he needed to be part of the celebration! He put his face in his cupcake!






We let Elliot have a pickle and he really liked it! He cried when we took it away from him!

Last day of our vacation and we were sporting our new bracelets we made! I was definitely ready for a shower!!!

No comments: