Friday, August 20, 2010

Davis County Fair 2010

I think I was crazy when I decided to go to the Davis County Fair with my two kids all by myself. We were supposed to be leaving for Logan for Connor and Chelsea's wedding the next day, and We were just waiting for Jeff to get off of work and I thought, "Why not, We aren't doing anything"
So we got in the car and drove over to the fair grounds. I would have to say it was pretty small compared to Cache County Fair! But we had a great time. We even got to see a dog show! (you know where the dogs go chasing after something and landing in a pool of water?) IT was really cool.

The kids loved bein able to pet all of the goats...

the tortise...

Aubrey even got to touch a pig! They were both loving it! Around 1:50pm I decided that I was hot enough and was out of energy, that it was time to go home. Carter was NOT ready to go home and we had not seen the tiger show yet!!! I was not going to stay until I saw that it was going to start in ten min. So we wandered over to the other side of the fair grounds to watch the tiger show. (I was dissapointed) To make a long story short, we got back to the car, which was parked a ways away and realized I had lost the keys! Yeah! I was so mad. I called my knight in Shining armor and told him he needed to come and get us. We were out of water and Aubrey was so tired. We ended up waking back to the grounds to find the lost and found and had to walk to the other end of the fair, yet again. They did not have the keys, but the police station on the other side of the fair had them. I was relieved but very upset that I had to push my stroller with two kids in the middle of August to the other side again! The poor man had pitty on me and took the golf cart over there and got me my keys. I was so grateful that he realized that I just wasn't going to make it without crying.
So Thank You Stranger!
I got me keys, just as Jeff got there to rescue us!

No comments: