Sunday, October 28, 2012

Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

Here is Princess Daisy and Princess Cinderella! This is Aubrey's friend Lauren. They go to preschool and dance together and love to play! This is after their Halloween Party at school!
Elliot usually doesn't have opportunities to fall asleep in places other than his bed. This day, I don't remember what I was doing, but I came into to front room and found him asleep on Aubrey's Pajama shirt. Silly Kid! He missed his sister that much! HAHA
The Sheriff's office was putting on a Trunk or Treat for families. We decided to go since our Neighbor was in charge of it and had bought a ton of candy! The kids loved it; they got to stand in the SWAT car and got to watch the rescue dogs attack the policeman. It was really cool to watch up close! I hope they aren't scared by watching the dog attack the man though!



This was Elliots first Trick or Treating experience and Jeff pushed him around for most of the night! HE did so good. We gave him a glowstick to hold; which he would not let go and then Carter had picked out a twix for him at someones house. When I tried giving him a sucker, he just opened his mouth. He wouldn't even grab for it. He would not let go of the other stuff in his hand. When we got back home; the wrapper was really wet and he was one happy boy! He was so good!

Our Halloween Costumes have been in the works for two years. I have always wanted to do a themed halloween costume. I think this might be the only year we will be able to do this. It was easy to talk Jeff into being Mario and Carter Wario. I had bought their costumes the year prior on clearance. My dress is an old prom dress from High School that I had to wear a jacket over seeing that it was a sleeveless dress. Now, don't thinking; wow, she still fit into that dress? NOPE sure didn't! The dress was not zipped up all the way and I cut the sleeves to make them a little more comfortable. My mom didn't want  me to cut it, but I would never be wearing it out in public again!!! It turned out perfect! Aubrey's dress was part of a play costume Jeff's Aunt Bonnie made for her for Christmas the previous year. It was supposed to be Belle's dress and my Mom added the orange ruffles and side skirt (I have no idea what they are called). My Mom made mine too and it was perfect! It was the funnest Halloween yet! I need to think of something for next year!  Elliot made a Perfect Baby Luigi binki and all!


Elliot likes to scowl at people! It is a very popular face of his and it isn't very often that I am able to capture it before it disappears into a smile!



We finally bought another year pass to the zoo and I took the kids and Carter brought his friend Daegan. They had a lot of fun seeing the new animals. I am loving what they are doing to the zoo! We just can't wait for the penguins to be back and for the park to be up and the cave with the Bats!

I was able to get my apples made this year, but they were a little bit after Halloween. But I don' t think my neighbors noticed that they were later this year! i love this tradition! Thanks to Shellie Wilson for showing me her tricks years ago!
So my Mom has been taking a quilting class in her ward and made was learning to make different patterned squares. She decided to make me a quilt with all of her patterns. I absolutely love it! It went straight to my room on our bed! It even has Zebra stripes on the back! What a treasure!

No comments: