Saturday, July 10, 2010

Benson, Foster, Balls Camping Trip July 5-10

Hooray Hooray, Our Summer Camping trip starts today!!
This year, my family decided that they wanted to go camping together. Unfortunately, we were not able to all get together and go. Troy and Heather missed out, and so did JEFF. It really was hard for me to decide what to do.
Camping with 2 kids and only one parent. I know all of the single parents out there have a hard job, but I didn't want to do it by choice!!
I decided to take the kids anyway and get a way from the house and all of our responsiblities. Jeff had a court hearing that week and so could not have left town even if he wanted to.


This was Aubrey's first experience in the hammock! Let's just say she was not a fan at first!

The next day after we got to Single Tree Campground, (which Carter talks about all of the time) we went to the lake for some fishing. We noticed that there was a Jeep stuck in the water and so my Brother Todd decided to go and help! He could pull them out!
We didn't even know that they had a trailer stuck to the Jeep! They really were not going to get out of there without some help. My brother had told them that he would help, but they would have to tell him their fishing secrets! (later we learned it was velveta cheese and they caught way more than what the law would allow!)

Good Job Todd!
Liz even got out of the car and rescued thier boat that had went down the way.
This is what grandma and Aubrey did while everyone went fishing! Eat Snacks!
My Dad helped Carter get his fishing pole all ready with a worm!
Learning from the Pro!

He didn't keep his line in very much. He liked reeling it in and then trying to cast it back out. I eventually had to keep an eye on the pole for him!

Him and Sydney decided to abandon their poles and play in the sand!

He was in heaven! What better than to get dirty and wet at the same time!
Then all of the sudden, Carter caught a fish. He actually had gone back to his pole and was holding it when he caught the fish. (Although, we think it might have been on there for quit sometime. The poor thing was small and didn't keep swimming when we put it back in the water)He was so excited!


Uncle Todd, doing the ucky part!

Me and the kids!
The next day we went back to the lake so the Fosters could join us! The kids had a blast building in the sand!
Carter was jumping in the water and splashing mud on everything!

So Fun!

Grandpa Benson making the girls laugh!
The only three Grandaughters!

One of the nights we went on a hike that was really close. The start of the trail was right in the campground. Thank goodness I had everybodys help. I would not have made it down to the water fall and back without them all!

We made it! Aubrey was not about to stop looking at the waterfall for one second!

The two sleeping babes in the trailer!
Once Aubrey got accustomed to the hammock; she always wanted in or on your lap!
On Friday, we went to Goblin Valley. I wish we had more time, but it was really hot and we were all exhausted after an hour!

Carter thought this was the coolest place on Earth!

Isaac and him were playing that they were secret agents and running and hiding in the rocks!

Aubrey had fun too!

Here are the Fosters!!
I didn't get a picture of the Bensons or my parents. I think I was watching my kids and keeping them hydrated!!

Carter looks really hot in this picture! I think he was just annoyed at me saying. Smile; just one more picture!!!

Then he started jazzing it up for me!!!

They hiked up into a narrow little place! It was so much fun and a lot cooler up in there!

Aubrey was just enjoying walking along the rocks!

Grandpa even took a turn and carried her out for me!
Overall, it was a great trip.
We missed Jeff greatly, but want to do it again!
We ate good food and will go back to the SingleTree Campground. (Highly reccomend)

1 comment:

Toad, Lizard, Squidney & Emmaphant said...

I'm so glad you got a picture of the Jeep before I pulled it out. They were going to be there for a while had we not came to their rescue. Good times