I love that Carter and my Dad's birthdays are one day apart! It just means that we definitely celebrate with the family!
Carter wanted a Bowser Cake and Jeff was in charge of making the cake this year. I was in St. George for most of the weekend and would not have enough time to make the cake. Jeff really did a good job making the cake, cutting it into a 3D cake...but the frosting of the cake? Well, lets just say that when I got home at 11:30pm....Jeff and I stayed up until 2am frosting the cake!!! But it really was fun and worth all of the frosting mishaps!!!
he loved his cake!
We had to celebrate my Dad's birthday too! I was going to make him a cake, but often my Dad will mention that when he was little he didn't ever get a cake, because it was too hot when they went to the park. So his Mom would buy a watermelon and put his candles in that! So we decided that since my Dad scrapes all of the frosting off anyways; we would take him back to his childhood!
Love you Dad!
Let's just say, he loved it!
We had to light Carter's candles twice, because Aubrey got to his candles before he could. He was so upset. I felt bad because I knew she was going to do that! But I had the camera!
He was so excited for all of his gifts, but he was so excited to get a Happy Napper and Grandma Susan had given him a roll of quarters. So he could have a quarter when he went to the store for the stupid machines!!! Thanks Grandma!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment